SpecEdge Cut-Size Analysis Software
Product Obsolete – No Direct Replacement Available
Contact Our Sales Team
Please contact our sales team, to discuss your testing needs and we’ll help you explore the current test equipment options.
SpecEdge Cut-Size Analysis Software was Windows based software for the accurate analysis of paper sheet cut quality
Identifies and measures hanging cutter debris and loose fibres. Measures the right angleness of A4 and A3 sheets.Enables the subsequent optimisation of paper mill slitters and guillotines.
Unique Analyser for determining the cut quality of paper sheets. Identifies and measures hanging cutter debris and loose fibres. Measures the right angleness of A4 and A3 sheets. Enables the subsequent optimisation of paper mill slitters and guillotines.
SpecEdge is a scanner-based image analyser for measuring the quality of the cut edge, sheet angle and size and parameters of punched holes in cut size paper.
It was developed in cooperation with members of the paper manufacturers industry to give an accurate and objective means to measure the quality of the cut sheet at the slitter.
Using SpecEdge, the user can tell at a glance if the paper size, shape, curvature, serration, hanging fibres, hole horizontal & vertical position and diameter are correct.
The system even alerts them if their cutting operation is marginal, alerting them to make adjustments before making bad cuts.
In addition, the system can also provide the engineering department with values that can give them trend information that is useful for predicting machine adjustment and cutter maintenance requirements.
The system can be set-up to measure compliance with XEROX standards for paper cut quality.
Measures sheets up to 28 x 43 cm DPI resolution or measuring at 0.036 mm.
After entering sheet specifications into the system, the operator simply places a sheet on the scanner glass and presses the “Start Scan” button with the mouse button. After the scan is complete and the data analysed by the system, the results are displaced.
- A cut paper quality measuring system
- This PC and document scanner based system uses the accuracy of digital measurement to accurately analyse the quality of cut paper sizes 7.6 x 12.7 cm through 21.5 x 28 cm, 21.5 x 35.5 cm up to 28 x 43 cm.
- Edge quality measurements:
- line – sheet size & shape
- curvature – deviation from edge centre-line
- serration – cut sharpness and hanging fibre count
- Sheet measurements:
- size – average length and width
- shape – corner angles (squareness) and folded corners (sharpness)
- Hole Measurement:
- (1 to 10 holes) – horizontal and vertical location, hole diameter
The standard system includes:
- SpecEdge 2000 software
- PC – Windows 7
- Epson Scanner